Friday, April 1, 2011

Ryan Adams' Favorite Alt-Country Song

This morning Ryan Adams' facebook post puzzled me. He posted his all-time favorite alt-country song, and it's definitely not a song from The Jayhawks or Uncle Tupelo, but, rather from a 80s hair band, Skid Row. Adams' favorite alt-country song is "I Remember You," and this is what he wrote, "This is probably my favorite alt-country song ever written. The solo is unreal. Like a lazer dancing through the mind of a vaporized panther-beast.”  Never in a million years would I ever think "I Remember You" as an alt-country song. Don't get me wrong, it was one of my favorite songs growing up, and, even now, I'll put some Skid Row in the player and jam; but, my biggest question is how is this particular song "alt-country?" My only conclusion is, Ryan Adams being who he is -- a little out there, but mostly brilliant -- anything goes. What do y'all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment